What You'll Need:
1 3/4 cups + 2/3 cup gluten free flour blend (11 ounces if you're measuring)
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 stick butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup 2% plain Greek Yogurt
3 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 cups fresh blueberries
Turbinado sugar (for topping)
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. I adapted this recipe from one that also called for 1/4 tsp cinnamon, so if you like cinnamon sneaking into your baked goods, add it here (my sister always adds a dash of cinnamon to her baking... this note is for her).
- In a separate bowl, whisk the granulated sugar, butter, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla together until well combined.
- Store the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries and allow the batter to rest while you preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 12- cup muffin tin with vegetable oil and carefully scoop even portions of batter into each prepared tin. I use an ice cream scoop (the lunch-lady kind with a lever) and it works like a dream.
- Sprinkle turbinado sugar over each muffin and bake for about 15-20 minutes. Let them cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes before serving.
These muffins are SO yummy served warm, but if you can resist eating all 12 at once, then put them in an airtight container and have some for breakfast the next day... and the day after.