Thursday, January 28, 2016

My Skincare Secrets

Neal and I went to the Broken Spoke (an awesome, authentic honky tonk worth checking out if you're ever in Austin) a few weeks ago, and as we entered the bar for our two-step dance lesson, I got carded not once but twice. The bartender credited my "fresh face" for my deceivingly young look, and I took it as a compliment.


My babyface and soft skin is partly due to genetics (thanks, Dad), but I credit the other part to Bobbi Brown. I've been using Bobbi Brown's line of skin care products and I cannot say enough wonderful things about them. Here's my AM/PM routine:

Morning
Night

In lieu of my nighttime cleansing oil, I substitute and exfoliating scrub once a week. It's just a bit of Lathering Tube Soap mixed with Buffing Grains. Even if you don't use the Tube Soap, give the Buffing Grains a try with your favorite cleanser. 

I'm not a dermatologist, and I don't pretend to think that this regimen is the right one for EVERY woman out there, but it has certainly worked for my combination oily/dry skin over the past several years. I've tried other products from time to time, but Bobbi keeps bringing me back! My advice: find what DOES work for you and stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment