Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Resolution: Learn Something New

I don't have a bunch of new year's resolutions, but I DO have some goals for 2016. At the top of the list: learning to sew. I got a sewing machine over the holidays and I am excited to get a little bit crafty!


This past weekend a friend and I went to Sew Much More where I stocked up on some basic thread, bobbins, scissors, and practice fabric. The store was full of fun sewing accessories, patterns, etc. and they offer classes for beginners to expert-level sewers. I was a little intimidated at first, but upon explaining that I was brand new to sewing, the staff were incredibly helpful and encouraging. Everyone starts somewhere!

Sewing 101: Dog Bed (Project and Photo from Design Sponge)
My first "easy" project is a new bed for Brady. Even if it doesn't turn out 100% perfect, I'm confident that he'll love it (dogs are easy to please!). I'll be following the instructions from Brett's post on Design Sponge... wish me luck!


What goals do YOU have for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment