Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Best Day of 2015

I have been itching to share pictures from my favorite day of 2015: Our wedding! Neal and I tied the knot in September and after months of planning it was the perfect celebration, full of personal touches and lots of love.


Our invites, designed by Gold Fox Paper, set the tone for our wedding weekend. We wanted the vibe to be natural and effortlessly elegant (and also fun!).  Since most of our guests were from out of town, we opted to host a welcome party on a rooftop in downtown Austin the night before the wedding, and we included that invite with the details for the main event. 


Neal and I were not planning on having a "first look" but after a crazy drive out to Prospect House (our beautiful venue out in the hill country), I needed to calm my nerves a bit and request an impromptu meeting in the hallway. It was one of the sweetest moments of the day, and it definitely helped to center us before the ceremony.  I'm glad that our fabulous photographer, Heather Curiel, was there to capture it!



We had a day of hair, makeup, and brunch with all of my favorite ladies, but it wasn't until I put by veil on that I really felt like a bride. 


I was a little bit nervous about the  flowers... I had my mind set on peonies, but when the week of the wedding rolled around, Lea at Blackbird Floral just didn't feel like there was a great selection available. I trusted her, and she delivered. I loved the dahlias and ranunculus and the artfully disheveled look of everything was just my style. 


We walked down the aisle to beautiful music played by Terra Vista Strings. They continued playing during the cocktail hour and were absolutely amazing- I can't recommend them enough!



A dear friend of ours officiated the ceremony, which means that we had to WRITE the whole ceremony. It definitely took me a while, but I'm glad we did it. Having a ceremony and vows (we wrote our own) that were totally unique to us made the day even more special. 


My sister and now sister-in-law were my bridesmaids, but I have some amazing friends that were still an important part of our big day. The ladies pictured above sat right up front during the ceremony in their blue dresses and served as my "something blue". I'm so glad they could all be there!


Prospect House is like a big, beautiful blank canvas. We didn't overdo it with decor, sticking with that "natural elegance" theme. 


Cake tasting was one of my favorite parts of wedding planning, but it was so hard to choose just one type! Rather than make decisions, we picked ALL the flavors and had a big cake/dessert table, courtesy of Green Lilly Bakery. 



Our party wouldn't be complete without a nod to our east-coast history. Neal and I met in Boston, so it only seemed appropriate to include some New England-esque touches. When the band took a short set break, Dock & Roll pulled up and started serving up lobster rolls- SO good!


We had parties the TWO nights before the wedding, so we opted out of a post-wedding brunch on Sunday. Instead, we sent our guests home with some morning-after favors: boxes full of bloody mary mix, vodka, tabasco, and homemade jalepeno cheddar muffins. 


A sparkler send-off was the perfect end to a perfect day!

1 comment:

  1. p.s. Check out more details on Style Me Pretty: http://www.stylemepretty.com/texas-weddings/dripping-springs/2016/02/23/modern-austin-wedding-at-prospect-house/

    I love that they featured our very special day!

    ReplyDelete