Wednesday, February 17, 2016

In the Bag


Last week I posted about my new Lo & Sons Seville tote, so I thought it was only fair that I give you the run-down of what I stock it with for work travel. I like to pack as light as possible, so only the essentials make it into my bag. Here's what I'm carrying:


  1. Healthy Snacks. Fruit bars from Trader Joe's or Lara Bars are my go-to. They're healthy and will satisfy my hunger if I am running to make a connection and can't stop for food. 
  2. Kindle. I LOVE to read! If you'd prefer to watch movies, swap in an iPad for this one. But don't bring both- that just feels silly. 
  3. Laptop/Chargers. This is an essential, and having the chargers handy will keep you stress free if you need to recharge while you're waiting for a delayed flight. 
  4. Water Bottle. I carry a reusable Swell bottle with me that I can fill up when I get to the airport. Most airports have bottle filling stations now, which is a great perk and will save you from buying a $6 bottle of water. 
  5. Sanitizing Wipes. These Herban Essentials wipes are my absolute favorite. They smell nice, but not overpowering or chemical-y. Airports and airplanes are full of germs, so use 'em!
  6. Eye Brightening Cream. Many of my flights leave early in the morning. Like before 6am. Although I've already been up for a while by the time I land, I like to "refresh" my  look a bit and not look like a walking zombie. This does the trick. 
  7. Headphones. Earbuds, Bose noise-cancelling headphones... regardless of the type you have, pack them. They might come in handy when you want your seat makes to take a hint and stop chatting you up. 
  8. Lip Salve. I do not leave home without lip balm. Chapped lips feel awful, but they look bad too. Combat the drying effects of re-circulated air and apply often!
  9. Brush. I carry a travel-size Mason Pearson hairbush in my bag and it is like magic. One swipe through my hair and frizzy ends are gone, leaving glossy strands behind. Seriously: it's a miracle product. 
  10. Glasses. I tend to snooze on planes, and sleeping in contact lenses is no fun. I wear (or pack) my glasses instead. 
What's not on this list?

  • A Makeup Bag. Being in the air can dehydrate your skin, so caking on extra makeup when you land will do you no favors. The eye brightener will help you look refreshed, but leave it at that. 
  • Gum. I hate gum-chewing. I don't mind if you chew gum, but personally I prefer to grab a cup of hot peppermint tea on my way out of the airport. It has similar breath-freshening effects and gives me some pep in my step before I arrive at my client's office. 

No comments:

Post a Comment