Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Perfect Studio Apartment

Carrie Bradshaw's Sex and the City Studio Apt, Image from Pinterest
I live in a house now, but I didn't always have such sprawling living space. In fact, my first post-grad-school apartment was a tiny studio in Boston that was exorbitantly overpriced, had lots of "vintage" flair (a nice way to say it was old), and even came with a gaping hole in the bathroom floor. But I loved it, and with some careful decorating it felt cozy and awesome.
My adorable studio was in this building!
As I've been working to re-imagine our guest room (part of my 2016 goals to decorate our house), I've been reading The Haven, a blog from the creators of Havenly, and this post on maximizing your studio living space jumped out at me.  If you're stuck in a tiny apartment (I'm looking at you, Boston friends), there are some great tips. Even if you have TONS of living space, some of the design principles might come in handy. I like "bringing the outside in" and using natural light influence the vibe of the room.

Here's my favorite studio layout from the post:

Separation of the bedroom and living area is key in a small space- I'd be interested to see how the designers at Havenly would decorate the one above. Haven't heard of Havenly? It's an online interior design service that will help you pull together any room in your house at a totally reasonable price. I think I'm going to try it out as we continue to work on our guest room- I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment