Thursday, February 18, 2016

What I'm Reading

If you read my post yesterday, you know that I love to read. I don't know what I would do without my Kindle! Here's what's on my current book list:


The Nightingale, a novel about two sisters living in Nazi-occupied France, is full of World War II history and lots of intrigue. Told almost as two separate stories, the sisters are separated by ideals and passion but both play a dangerous role as women in the war. I finished this one recently, and I'd highly recommend it.



This book is really a guilty pleasure. Chick-lit at its finest, The Royal We follows the story of a fictional couple that seems a whole lot like Kate Middleton and Prince William. The story is definitely a page turner, and would be the perfect read for your spring break vacation. I finished it in just a few days!


This book is up next on my list.  In The Clasp, Sloane Crosley writes about three college friends who put their adult lives on hold to chase a mysterious lost necklace across Europe. I haven't read any of Crosley's books before, but I'm excited to dig in!


This is another new one on my list. I've got it queued up to read after The Clasp.  In Girl Waits with Gun, heroine Constance Kopp takes a stand against a gang threatening her family. I'm hoping for a bit of historical fiction and a few thrills, but there's a bonus: the book is based on the true story of one of the United States' first female deputy sherrifs.  Talk about girl power!

No comments:

Post a Comment