What You'll Need:
1 3/4 cups GF Flour Blend
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp xantham gum
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
8 Tbsp butter, melted and still warm
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and xantham gum together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, sugar, and peanut butter. Pour the melted butter over the top and stir to combine.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until a soft dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 325 and prep two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spoon the rested dough onto the prepared baking sheets in even scoops, pressing them down with a fork or the bottom of a glass until they're about 3/4 in. thick. The cookies should be an inch or two apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes or until the edges have puffed up but the centers are still soft.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the pan for 5 minutes before moving them wire racks. Serve warm- they're delish!
We had some vanilla ice cream in the freezer, so I kicked these cookies up a notch and made ice cream sandwiches. They were the perfect treat to cap off a hot, muggy day in Austin!