Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Against All Grain


Idle time is not my friend. I find it challenging to sit still and just relax around the house, so I was nervous about how I'd spend my time during maternity leave. Although Henry is keeping me busy every few hours with feeding, diaper changing, etc. I'm tackling some projects around the house and trying new things. On my list: Cooking through a new cookbook.

I picked up Danielle Walker's Against All Grain a few weeks ago, hoping to infuse some more veggies and whole foods into our diet. So far, I've made a few recipes and they've all been delicious. Braised Chicken in Artichoke-Mushroom Sauce is a hearty, stick-to-your-ribs-in-a-good-way sort of dish, and the ginger-garlic broccoli made a great side dish for steak on the grill.

The Banana Nut Porridge is the dish that surprised me (and Neal) the most. It's sort of an oat-less oatmeal and is a great alternative to eggs for breakfast. I served mine with some extra coconut milk and fresh blueberries, and Neal topped his with chopped pecans and a splash of almond milk.

We're cooking up Fried Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower tonight with some Mustard-Rubbed Pork Chops, and I'm looking forward to trying some Enchilada Stuffed Sweet Potatoes later this week:


We're not going hungry in this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment