Thursday, September 22, 2016

Best Burgers in Austin


I love a good cheeseburger.  Standard toppings like cheddar, pickles, and onions are definitely acceptable in my book, but when a restaurant pulls out all the stops and gets creative with their sandwich, I'm hooked.

Neal and I recently popped into Jeffrey's for happy hour, and their burger, topped with mustard frisee, cambozola, and caramelized onion, did not disappoint. I raved about it to a friend who told me about this article in The Statesman, which ranks the "best" burgers in Austin.  It's my mission to try them all! Working through the best burgers list is a great excuse to get out around town and try some new places, in addition to sampling some delicious eats.

The list was published in 2015 and Austin has grown by leaps and bounds in the last year, so I'm sure there are some notable restaurants missing from the list. Central Standard, located on South Congress, has an excellent burger (pictured above) that may top Jeffrey's, plus the restaurant has much more casual vibe and great outdoor space.

Next time you're in Austin and you get tired of tacos, give the burgers a try!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment