Friday, September 23, 2016

Friday Favorites: What I'm Reading

I love to read, and I'll give almost any book a fair chance. Here's what's on currently on my Kindle:


Fiction
  • Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld: I recently finished this modern take on Pride and Prejudice. It was a fun, easy read that I'd highly recommend. The characters were interesting and the storyline mirrored the original plot in a really contemporary way. 
  • Exhume by Danielle Girard: I'm looking forward to grabbing a big glass of wine and digging into this thriller about a medical examiner unravelling a particularly dangerous case. If the reviews are any indication, this one will be a page turner. 
  • First Comes Love by Emily Giffin: I'm a big fan of Giffin's earlier novels, Something Borrowed and Something Blue, so I'm excited that this book is in my queue.  Written about two sisters who find themselves at a crossroads in life, I expect this book to be emotionally engaging from start to finish. 

Non-Fiction
  • The Cyber Effect by Mary Aiken: This book came recommended to me since I have a new little one in the house, and the overall point of the book is pretty compelling.  Human behavior changes online and in the virtual world, and the full impact of technology on new generations is yet to be seen. I'm about halfway through, and although it's not the most exciting read, it has given me some food for thought. 
  • The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg: I've been recommending this book to friends and colleagues alike.  Our lives are formed by a series of habits, whether we realize it or not, and understanding how habits are created and changed is really interesting! There are so many relevant applications in life and business, but the best part is that the author's writing style keeps things exciting (which is not always the case in non-fiction). If you haven't read it yet,  this is one to add to your list!

No comments:

Post a Comment