|My Emily Ley Simplified Planner|
- Doctor's Appointments. Last week, it felt like we were seeing a different doctor every day! It was a little bit exhausting and definitely not as fun as some of the other activities on this list.
- Workouts. I've been trying out Class Pass, so in addition to my Postnatal Yoga classes with Henry on Mondays, I try to schedule in a little bit of "me" time sans baby.
- Lunch with Friends. Most of my friends work, so we've been bringing lunch to their office or meeting up at restaurants nearby. It's fun for us AND fun for them!
- Mommy Meetups. I've managed to make a few new-mom friends, so it's fun to get the babies together while we sip coffee or just hang out and catch up.
- Baby-friendly Activities Around Town. Newborns are pretty portable, so anything that can accommodate a stroller is pretty baby-friendly in my book. We're going to the grand opening of a new Nordstrom next week (hooray!), have walked to a local flower shop to buy some fresh blooms, and have scoped out some free outdoor live music events.
|Henry helped to celebrate my friend Anna's birthday with a birthday lunch!|
The rest of our days get filled in with errands and normal activities of daily living. I try to group the errands by geographic location so that I can maximize the time I have in between feedings. We're pretty fortunate because Henry is on a great sleep schedule and it's easy to know when he's going to need the most of my attention (thanks, Babywise!), but some days are better than others and I can't always complete my full list. Being OK with that fact is half the battle.